Documentation > Locations > Zones > Rates
Rates are the rules that determine the shipping price, delivery times you present at checkout, for shipping products from one of your Locations to an address within a Zone.
Before you start
Before adding a rate we recommend that you read the following guide: Price rules: options and approaches
If you ship from multiple locations, please read our multi-location guide
- Go to the Location > Zone you want your rate to apply to
- From the Zone page, select the “Add shipping rates button”
- Enter the shipping rate details
- Rate name - The name of the rate that will be displayed to your shoppers
- Rate description - The description that is shown below the name of the rate
- Add Shipping Value Restrictions (Optional)
- Shipping value restrictions are used to set minimum or maximum order prices this rate applies to
- Ex: If you want this shipping rate to apply only for orders over $100 you would add the following:
Note: The value is the retail price of the products in the order fulfilled from this location before any discount codes.
- Add Shipment Weight Restrictions (Optional)
- Shipment weight restrictions are used to set minimum or maximum order weights this rate applies to.
- Ex: If you want this shipping rate to only apply when the order weighs less than 25 kg you would add the following:
Note: The weight is the weight of products being fulfilled form this location plus the weight of the default box as specified in your Shopify shipping settings.
- Enter your price rules.
- All products in the order must be included in at least one price rule for the rate to be returned at checkout.
- All price rules that apply to the order will be added together to calculate the shipping rate’s price.
Learn more about Price rules: options and approaches.