Documentation Shipping Rates without CCS
Charge for shipping without CCS
We believe in providing custom shipping rates to every merchant, regardless of shop size or Shopify plan. That’s why our motto is:
“Shipping for everyone.”
Let’s talk a little about what CCS is and how we can help provide shipping rates without it.
What is CCS?
CCS stands for Carrier Calculated Shipping, a Shopify feature that is used to send cart information to third party carriers and receive shipping rates in return. While this is the most common way to charge for shipping, by no means is it the only way.
Parcelify Storefront Shipping Rates
Our Storefront Shipping Rates feature allows you to:
- Provide shipping rates based on weight, quantity, price, and much more to your customers - all without CCS!
- Avoid changing your plan or upgrading
- Bypass issues with rate merging and duplication on multi-location shops
So, how does it work?
Step 1: Enter Address Information
Step 2: Select a Rate
Customers select Storefront Shipping rates before proceeding through the typical Shopify checkout:
Step 3: Checkout
Once your customer picks a rate with Parcelify Storefront, they will be redirected to the standard Shopify Checkout. From here they can complete their purchase as usual:
- Shipping rates are provided as if products are shipping from the same location. For location-specific rates, you will need to use CCS
- This feature does not support abandon carts or checkouts
Ready to give it a try?
Click the button below to install Parcelify. After that, follow our getting started guide to learn about enabling storefront shipping rates, as well as links to building your first custom shipping rates!
If you have any questions or need help getting started, reach out to our dedicated support staff via firstname.lastname@example.org